In this special edition of the Practical Futurist Podcast, we spoke with Dan Ziv, CEO of Touchnote, a digital company that is providing a creative way for personal communication which I think we’d all agree is needed even more during this very challenging 2020.
Dan runs a small company of 50 people, and we looked at how his company runs remotely, how he runs a company remotely and how his staff have responded to the challenges presented by the lockdown.
We also covered a range of topics relevant for employers of any size as well as employees such as:
- Dealing with your team during lockdown
- Changes in consumer behaviour during Covid-19
- Why consumers want more meaningful ways to communicate
- Changes in strategy post Covid-19
- Disruption as a result of Covid-19
- Business models now and in the future
- Communicating and motivating staff during lockdown
- Why efficiency and productivity is higher than ever
- The need for the team to take breaks while at home
- Redefining the work-home boundaries
- Using a “clock-in / clock-out” system while remote
- The “red cord” process to deal with major issues
- Adapting agile processes when working remotely
- Where agile does not work for remote teams
- Key learnings with remote teams – smaller is better
- What does the future of work look like?
- Will working away from home become the norm?
- Adapting your current work from home policies
- The 3 types of employees and how to accommodate them
- Employees who want a clear separation between home and work
- Employees who are fine with the work from home life balance
- Employees who need flexibility depending on their life stage
- Offering a menu of options for employees
- In 12 month’s time we will see the future of work really evolve?
- How working from home changes your perspective as a manager
- Getting work done as a CEO during Covid-19
- Setting your own boundaries as a CEO
- When work and home are the same place you need to force boundaries
- Empathising with your team during lockdown
- A global downturn will change business priorities
- Benefit of hindsight – preparing for Covid-19
- 3 things you can do this week
- Hoard cash
- Ensure your key employees are comfortable and secure
- Work hard on mental and physical health
This was a really eye-opening episode to record and I know you will find many practical tips in the episode. Why not listen while out exercising during lockdown?